Five Olympic Hockey Players with the Most Pressure On Their Shoulders

February 16th, 2010 by Matthew Hogan Leave a reply »
Before I start, I saw a poll on that asked, “Are goaltenders who participate in the Olympics putting themselves at a disadvantage for the NHL’s regular season? 40 percent said “yes,” and you can guess what the other 60 percent said. I just found it funny because about 40 percent of the goalies in the NHL—that’s not an exact percentage—are headed to the Olympics. So I think you can guess which fans voted “yes” and which ones voted “no.” Anyway, with men’s hockey starting today at 3 p.m., the anticipation is at an all-time high—even I am all giddy with excitement. There are a lot of players, new and old, being focused on in this tournament. Many of the participating countries have high expectations and that puts a lot of pressure on these players’ shoulders. But which player will be dealing with the most pressure? Begin Slideshow


Read Full Article at Bleacher Report - NHL
Article written by


Comments are closed.