Time for Chris Paul, Other Stars To Man Up

July 22nd, 2010 by Daniel Bartemus Leave a reply »
It appears Pat Riley's assembly of the South Beach trifecta has caused at least one other NBA star to take a disturbing stance.  

Two weeks to the day after LeBron James, Chris Bosh, and Dwyane Wade officially became one with the Miami Heat, Chris Paul has decided the New Orleans front office isn't working hard enough to build a championship contender and that it's time to find a way out of town.

So this is what it has come to. From now on, every unhappy superstar is going to renege on his contract and force management to trade him to a team that already has a star or two, or to a team that has enough cap space to possibly lure one of his buddies to the same organization in the next free agency period.

The NBA. Where Copping Out Happens. 

I feel bad for David Stern. He is the one commissioner in all of sports that markets individual stars, and while it is a team sport, there is genius in that strategy.

Before July 8, 2010, when the Cavaliers visited places like Memphis, 20 percent of the people attending the game would say, "I'm going to the Grizzlies game tonight," while the other 80 percent would say "I'm going ...

Read Full Article at Bleacher Report - NBA
Article written by


Comments are closed.