Aaron Gordon Injury: Updates on Magic PF’s Ankle and Return

September 23rd, 2016 by Alec Nathan Leave a reply »
Orlando Magic forward Aaron Gordon suffered a sprained ankle that is expected to limit him at the start of training camp.

Continue for updates. 

Gordon's Injury Not Considered Serious Friday, Sept. 23 According to the Orlando Sentinel's Josh Robbins, Magic general manager Rob Hennigan said Gordon "tweaked" the ankle: "It’s not serious, but he may be a partial participant in the early goings. But we’re not quite sure yet."

That's all good news for the Magic, who will look for Gordon to make a leap in his third year out of the University of Arizona. 

In 78 appearances last season, Gordon averaged 9.2 points, 6.5 rebounds, 0.8 steals and 0.7 blocks while shooting 47.3 percent from the floor and an improved 29.6 percent from three. Gordon also flashed positional versatility after playing 60 percent of his minutes at power forward and the remaining 40 percent at small forward.

And while Gordon's raw stats may never be mind-blowing, his ability to defend multiple positions alongside Serge Ibaka and Bismack Biyombo sets him apart from Orlando's other perimeter contributors such as Je ...

Read Full Article at Bleacher Report - NBA
Article written by


Comments are closed.